New Commission on Children, Women, and Seniors July newsletter
Wednesday, July 13, 2016
The new consolidated commission outlines their priority areas listed below. For more information, please see the press release.
"The agency recognizes that the experiences and needs of each
population, while interconnected, are unique and may require individual
public policy action. Therefore, the commission’s legislative priority
areas are meant to:
· Enhance women’s economic security through leadership
development and such family-friendly workplace policies as paid family
leave and pay equity;
· Ensure wellness throughout the lifespan, including access to the full range of reproductive healthcare; and
· Eliminate gender-based discrimination in the workplace and in government.
· Empower families and community leaders to be change agents on behalf of children;
· Remove the economic and academic obstacles that prevent
children and their families from reaching their full potential; and
· Promote the physical, social and emotional wellbeing of children.
· Promote economic security, choice and independence for older adults in both work and retirement;
· Support livable and accessible communities where older adults can retain their dignity and age in place; and
· Enhance the safety and wellbeing of seniors by preventing physical abuse and financial exploitation."
You can also visit their new website at https://ctcwcs.com.