Print Page | Contact Us | Report Abuse | Sign In | Register
Discussion about the Impact of Care-4-Kids Closure
Page 1 of 1
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Score Author Latest Post
Care4Kids Closure! Impact Discussion 6 K. Hartenstein I'm relieved to find this questions is still posted because the loss of this support is still being felt by children, their families and their communities. I'm working with a single parent who needs to work but can't afford to pay for childcare. Recently I learned that she had left her child in unsafe conditions. I had to inform her that as a mandated reported I would have to make a report to child protective services if she left the child in the care of the only person she has to "baby sit" her child so she can work. The loss of this funding has significant impact on families that are trying their best to meet the needs of their children. In this day and age no one should have to compromise the safety of their child in order to meet the basic need for food and shelter.
by L. Gibson-Carter
Monday, October 23, 2017

HARTFORD FOUNDATION’S EARLY CHILDHOOD COLLABORATIVE

Our team works to align services, practices, policies, and resources at the local, regional, and state levels. Commitment, care, and support for children and families must happen at all of these levels in order to build and sustain a quality early childhood system.

Learn more about the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving.

10 Columbus Boulevard, 8th Floor, Hartford CT 06106 | 860-548-1888

Become A Member