Print Page | Contact Us | Report Abuse | Sign In | Register
Talk about feelings
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

7/5/2016 at 8:42:25 PM GMT
Talk about feelings
I love using the face feelings chart. I have used this chart for when children and their families enter the program in the morning time.  For preschoolers, the children pick their clip with their first name on it and attach it to one of the faces that shows how they are feeling (sad, happy, mad, etc.).  We can then have a conversation about how they are feeling and I can help them ease into the day depending upon what they tell me.  You can access this chart and many other great resources by clicking this link from the Center on the Social and Emotional Foundations for Early Learning

Elena Trueworthy

7/7/2016 at 2:30:13 AM GMT
That's a great idea. Helping young children identify their emotions in different contexts enables them to know what they are feeling, give them the words to express their emotions, and allows them to develop external connections with internal experiences. I also suggest using a simple paper plate divided into four colored sections: Red (anger); Blue (sadness); Yellow (happiness); and, Green (calm) throughout the day (upon arrival, at morning meeting, after snack, after outdoor play and if they stay for nap upon waking. then they can learn to see their different emotions over the day and understand how they change in the varied contexts.

HARTFORD FOUNDATION’S EARLY CHILDHOOD COLLABORATIVE

Our team works to align services, practices, policies, and resources at the local, regional, and state levels. Commitment, care, and support for children and families must happen at all of these levels in order to build and sustain a quality early childhood system.

Learn more about the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving.

10 Columbus Boulevard, 8th Floor, Hartford CT 06106 | 860-548-1888

Become A Member